Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The One with my Godson

Have you been a really, really good godparent? It's common in the Philippines to ask classmates, friends and even colleagues to become a godparent. You should never refuse if you get asked, lest you be cursed by the ancient ancestors of the land. Because I don't claim citizenship of the world, and I always proudly state that I am born and bred Filipino, I will always abide by its laws, written or otherwise.

But being a godmom to Xander is a joy. Last Saturday, I really wanted to spend time with Aileen, Yogi and Xander.

Had lunch at Mango Bistro in Trinoma. 

Had Pad Thai - amazing fusion of flavors! 

Had some chicken stir fried and wrapped in banana leaves. It had a sweet and spicy sauce. 
It was a fun day of catching up, venting about things we shouldn't vent about but we do still, sharing of experiences, realizations and even the weirdest things that happen to us. It was like old times, when we would hang out after work and make Starbucks a more powerful conglomerate by purchasing an Americano, an Apple Berry Juice Freeze and an Iced Latte with side orders of cheesecakes, breakfast muffins, ciabatta veggie sandwiches and some fish in foccacia.

The main event was when we got to Aileen's house. Seeing Xander lying down is just a joy.

So cute even when he's crying! 
So adorable. Xander looking at Uncle Aldrin. 

That's got to be one of the cutest, hottest and most amazing-looking boy on earth! High five, Aileen and Arnel! 
I got to hold him for some time. I lasted all of 5 minutes cos he started crying. I'm still scared when I hear something weird, like a whimper, a wheeze, a burp... I am not ready to be a mother.

But nothing is more beautiful than seeing a mother hold her child.
All pictures are taken with a simple Sony Cybershot. I'm a point and shoot gal until I can afford a DSLR. 
No babies were harmed during the making of this post, except my probable ones thanks to coffee and nicotine. 

No comments: