Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The One with the Books

So I have been fantasizing about writing my own "Singledom Chronicles" for sometime now. I have a list of things I want to accomplish this 2011 and one of them is to pool all blog entries I have written and actually compile them for my 30th birthday. Don't get me wrong, I'll never get on Oprah's list, but I truly believe that if someone out there is willing to print a book with reptilian take-overs of the world and postulates that the Queen of England is actually a cold-blooded reptile, someone might want to print a sarcastic 30-something girl's takes on being single, food and friendship.

What to share today? My books. I went on a shopping spree for gifts. Talk about weird? I rarely had time to go to the mall back in December and I filed for my leaves way before the Christmas season started. I wanted to reconnect with my officemates this January by giving them little trinkets for the new year, and also, I wanted to tell my friends I appreciate them so much.

Got them bands. 

Love this one. 
 What did I get for myself? NO year is complete without my Belle du Jour Planner.

That's the current cover. Why I love BDJ? It's a nice companion, especially for long cab rides and more importantly, for times when you need to re-examine your goals and priorities. 

As you can see, it's filled out... I need more space. No one can understand the chicken scratch I use to write though, lolz. 
So what else am I planning to do this very single month of January? Well, a few things. One of them is to read the tons of books I was lent and books given to me.

Yeah, I'm not very good with books. They actually tear when I use them, but hey, that's a sign of a good book. You actually bring it with you. It's a story of this newly single chick that became the life of the party. Excellent story-telling.  

Borrowed this from Jessie who borrowed this from Candy. Liked it from the get-go. Seems like I'm gonna want some success for this year. 

Chloe's gift. Hmn... Have I become that pathetic? Hahaha. 

I also spruced up my room.

Why yes, I love patterns. 

I love mixed patterns. Lolz. 
I am also planning to increase my wardrobe collection this year cos I like colors!!! I realized that I don't have to settle for just blacks and whites and tons of blues and grays.

That's my closet. Hahaha, well, what seems like my closet. See the predominant color? Black. 

Improving now. I have pinks and blues and browns. 

And speaking of color...

Guess what's on my head... Lolz! 
Here's to a colorful January 2011! Woohoo!

2 comments:

candysg25 said...

Where is Eat Pray Love in the list of books? But ok, I agree, Malcolm is a more riveting read hehe.

Love the colors (including the hair!) Plains & Prints on 50% sale today and tomorrow. You want color? They got color...all bright orange of it lol.

**meg** said...

@Anonymous - Thanks for liking. Like ya back... ;)
@Candy - Wow, I want a lot of colors for this season. I'll have an RGB or CYMK reference someday in a walk-in closet. Lolz!