Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The One with the Last Day of Not Working

I filed for a time-off today. I think I sincerely deserve a break. There's no point arguing. To me, I'm the single most hard-working person on earth.

I cleaned up today. I made sure that my room is clean. I am back to sleeping in my room! (Yay, Meg = 1, Insanity due to a break-up = 0!) I can't wait to stretch my back and neck and finally sleep in my soft bed, with 4 of my pillows (all newly dressed in pastel stripes). I am a happier person for trying to sleep in my bed.

Since I had more time to spare, I met up with a dear friend, Chloe for a nice dinner in Midtown.

Went to Robinson's Midtown for some Al Fresco Dining. 

Went to Icebergs cos we wanted something new. 

Some Deviled Chops (soaking in some honey dijon mustard which made it so darned spicy and yummy and oh so tender...), Buttered Corn and Country Fries. Yum-O! 
Chloe had a single taco. She's on a diet (hahaha!) Nah, she ate dinner before meeting up with me.
Damn, keep in mind I haven't had lunch yet. 

In between our dinner, we had to talk heart-to-heart about hope. Is there hope after a break-up? Should you hope? Is there a need to believe that you and your ex can be together again, or should there be a cease-and-desist order to believing that you and your ex can actually be together.

My answer is simple. You can hope but you can't expect.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no hope and no expectations from my ex. I think some people are really better off as friends. But in other people's case, no one can tell them otherwise. My only principle about love is that no one has the ability or the right to tell you that it's not possible or that it's enough. That's your freakin' universe. No one should have the right to tell you to stop talking about it, stop believing it, stop hoping, stop wishing or stop crying. I think ultimately, whomever has the broken heart will want to mend it themselves.

We wanted to get drinks afterwards. Since I don't drink alcohol anymore (and it's a conscious decision everyday), I said I just wanted to get dessert. We went to Moon River but they're about to close. We headed off to Caffeina after an order of creamy White Russian for Chloe.

That's a hot chick right there. 

Had a carrot cake. It's topped with some meringue and pecan. 

I had a cup of cafe latte, with a swig of vanilla syrup... Chloe had a White Russian from Moon River. 
Caffeina has the look and feel of a Christmas living room. I didn't want to seem weird, whipping out my bulky cam to capture the room. But in the comfy, cozy, living room, we decided to pursue the conversation a little bit more.

We talked about what I miss from being in a relationship. I never really told her what I do to make sure I get through the days when the depression hits hard... I sleep.

Good night!

3 comments:

ceemee said...

Nice curls, Chloe! :-)

candysg25 said...

The deviled chops just made me hungry! :D

**meg** said...

@Ceemee - Hahaha, I know eh? Did you think about Chloe with curls?!
@Candy - Yeah, it's so delish!!! Soaking with sauce talaga! Yum!