Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The One with the January Bucket List

The Bucket List was such a moving story for me that I decided to review it years ago! I loved the concept, I credited Jack Nicholson for the beautiful, softer side he showed during the eulogy scene for the death of Morgan Freeman's character. It made me cry, laugh and finally sigh.


The bucket list is a collection of things that you want to do before you die. Every month, I promised to post little things that I wanted to do if I were to die this month. For some reason, I'd rather post about my bucket list towards the middle of the month. I really have the tendency not to tell people what I want to do until I'm sure I want to do it. So here it goes.

Yup, sometimes, you have to believe that you're dying to live. 

Meg's January Bucket List 
1. Get to reconnect with people I haven't seen for a long time.
Status: Done. But January's not over. 
2. Read a good book. Haven't done so for ages!
Status: Uhm, when I get a free weekend off. 
3. Establish a good habit (as opposed to quitting a bad one).
Status: I have posted pics of it. But well, we'll have a month-ender review of the bucket list. 
4. Find an activity partner and go to places you haven't gone to before.
Status: Several activity partners whom I love spending time with! 
5. Learn something new everyday.
Status: Trying to witness the world with wide-eyed wonder (alliterating much?) 

If I was to believe that I'd die tomorrow, I would probably find more things to do. Looking at my life in hindsight, though, I can easily say that I lived my life with no regrets. Adventure doesn't quite thrill me though I would love to know what it feels like to jump off a cliff barely hanging it via a piece of rope. I want to center my life with great and amazing people that can see the good in the world.

It's a fancy, amazing thought to finish everything at a glance. It's just 5 things but some of them, I haven't even started just yet. I am ready to face the world thinking living. Bring it on!

No photographers were harmed during the making of this post. 
All pictures were obtained legally from Stock Xchnge

2 comments:

ceemee said...

What new things are you going to learn ?

**meg** said...

I think every day is an avenue to learn. I'm just often too stubborn to listen to my own guts but I'm learning to be more self-confident now. :)