Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 31, 2010

The One with The List Part 2

So what has the rest of the year been like? Awesome. :) Things I learned via pictures....

Hang out with teammates, bond and actually love working. Made peace with all the places we used to go to.
At the Fort, Starbucks.
Be adventurous in your wardrobe choices. Try something new.
At SM, trying on shoes. 

Own your own style.
At home, after wearing my brown stripper heels. 

Win an award for being really, really dedicated. Actually, I think we rotate the award. But it doesn't matter. I got the award and I'l be freakin' proud of it.
At Il Pirata, Eastwood for the awarding ceremony. 

Work hand in hand with people I love and learn to love them for their quirks, weirdness and charm.
At Makati Shangri-la with the team after a nice dinner. 

Eat at random hours of the morning and the weirder, the better. Be bold in your choices of food.
Jellyfish and century egg at Hap Chang, Neptune. 

Love my friends more cos they really really really love me!
At Highlands, with the gang. 

Appreciate art and architecture for real.
At Malate Church, with Candy and Jessie 

Be amazed at what artists can do in a 3-foot canvas. This really spoke to me.
Lady in Red.
At the National Museum with Jessie and Candy 


Go crazy and be spontaneous. So what if it's a weekend and you've been tired your entire shift? Go have fun and watch a movie if you want to.
With Belle at Rockwell. 

Be there for friends, when they wanna shop, vent, bitch or just be plain fab. If you have a date planned, it doesn't matter, cos men come and go but friends love you for who you are no matter how badly you've groomed your eyebrows.
At Rai Rai Ken, with Yogi. 

Love food even more but have a wonderful relationship with it.
At Ziggurat, having Mezzo Mezze - Khoubiz with 5 dips. 
Go back to your old favorites with a twist of freshness. Throw in some fresh ingredients in your favorite meaty pizza.
At A Venetto with Jack.  

Love your ex's old favorites with a twist. Be there alone or with a good friend and experience it all over again sans him!
At Brother's Burger with Jessie. 

Hold your friends near and dear and cherish EVERY moment with them, because they matter so much to you.
At Presidio, with Aileen. 
Cook for your family. Go back to your roots. Who were you before you met him? Achieve that persona again!
At home, cooking my non-deep fried chicken breast. 

Gamble with flavors, not just with cooking but with life.
Add a pinch of salt to food you've never had salt before. Add cumin, add curry, add all spice and nutmeg. Experiment! 
Be creative, even if it's a routine meeting you'll facilitate. Hype your own crap.
Email sent to the corporate and site teams in StarTek. 
Allow yourself spontaneous coffee time with friends and build relationships... or in my case, rebuild them.
At Persian Kebab with Cee and Jeremie. 

Be with family cos they will NEVER walk out on you.
At Chinatown, with the clan. 

Love yourself and be yourself. Sex it up, calm down, hold your breath, smize!
At home, with a cam, looking SINGLE and FAB!

I can countdown months, weeks, days and everything else. But there's only one word to sum up what I feel for this year - gratitude. I am grateful for everything that has happened. Here's to a wonderful 2011!

December 2010 
Relationship Status: Single AND Fabulous
Health: Better, constantly walking, taking the stairs, feel lighter and better... No alcohol intake makes my skin glow more... Lesser smokes than normal, so I try not to finish a pack... Taking vitamins... constantly dealing with my doctors... Drinking more water and juice at home than soda... less coffee... No more liempo! 
Weight: Uhm, my pants feel lose. 190 lbs with my cellphone, keys and pack of ciggies, heavy jeans and my chunky glasses. So I guess lighter? :P 
Cigarette intake: Depends on my mood? 

Not losing myself again. I had a flirty thing going on with someone over October and November but it's over now. But he really helped me feel so much more confident and so much more in tune with myself. Now, I feel in sync. Yes, there are moments that I feel disgusted with the singledom (yes, I'm coining a term for it). But you know what, what matters most is that for the most part of the year, I am happy.

4 comments:

candysg25 said...

Amazing how something can start out really crappy, and turn out to be a great experience, eh?

Congrats Megzy on a wonderful year!

- Love,
One of your most dedicated fans, who read your blog because their own life doesn't have the colors a telenovela love story offers.

**meg** said...

Oh my God!!! Ang bilis ng comment. I love you so much for this. Anu beh. Telenovela talaga?! Lolz.
Life is always colorful, Candy and I'm glad I'm enjoying the colors for the very first time. This time, it's a romantic comedy, or just a comedy! Lolz!

ceemee said...

Love this post! So empowered! Glad that the tears made you see things clearer than ever.

**meg** said...

Aww, thanks Ceemee! Yup, I had a lot of mist in my eyes, I just needed to tear up and see that the future isn't so bad. I love you for being there for me. :)