Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The One with the Break from Work

Have you ever had a work-day that was so productive that all you ever want to do when you head home is actually pig out? Well, sometimes, work can be overwhelming, and you deserve some comfort food. So here's our version of comfort food.

Teriyaki Boy at Jupiter 

Now with Low-Salt Alternatives! 
Jessie wanted some yogurt and I wanted some comfort food so badly. I wanted some ramen and some good nori-wrapped Tamago Sushi. I was hooked on that stuff.

Jessie had some Agedashi Tofu and that is some crispy-fried tofu bathed in some light soy sauce broth, topped with some benito flakes and daikon and of course, freshly-sliced Maguro sashimi, which is freshly caught yellowfin tuna. No Japanese meal is complete without raw fish!

Jessie's meal - Agedashi Tofu and some Maguro Sashimi
While Jessie went for the classics, I went for the stereotypical... I wanted some comfort food, cos I was feeling down and out from the long, long day. I had some seafood ramen. It could have been any seafood ramen, but they kind of make this one special. White noodles, dory fish, shrimp, squid balls and some hard-boiled eggs fill the bowl along with carrots and baby bok choy.

I went with some piping-hot ramen. It's noodle-licious! It's filled with veggies, some dory fish, squid balls and shrimp. You got to love some seafood ramen. 

I won't forget my Teriyaki Boy favorite of course, and it's this little concoction. It's some sweet omelette and some vinegared rice, covered in nori.

Some delicious Tamago sushi - definitely something to love. 
I realize that it's not my first time to post about Japan this week. Still praying for recovery for Japan and if it means anything to you all, no Japanese food would ever taste the same until you know that they people who's supposed to be enjoying it should be enjoying it in good health and safely, too.

Teriyaki Boy is all around the metro. Go ahead and click on their site and find a store near you.
Japan still needs help. CBS News was kind enough to sum up what needs to be done.

No comments: