Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

The One with the TV Addiction

As much as I would like to say that I live a full life, I really don't. In fact, if you can't fin me sampling something delicious off the streets of Makati, Ortigas or the greater QC area, I'm probably at home, escaping into my own little world of comedy, drama and yes, sometimes, action. 


Why yes, this is what I'm talking about. TV! 

I've always been a fan of television. Whether it's trash TV (think Jerry Springer), to animation (Family Guy, The Simpsons) to action (NCIS, Criminal Minds, White Collar) to offbeat comedy (How I Met Your Mother, King of Queens, Gary Unmarried), to reality TV shows (ANTM, American Idol) to biopics (History Channel, River Monsters from Nat Geo, BIO)... I am simply a TV addict. I am actually one of the few people that subscribed to Sky complete with a digibox (think digital receiver) and I was darned proud of it. Think of how amazing the pictures are courtesy of the digibox and as an additional bonus, I get to find out whether I need to stay up for another movie on HBO or maybe because I'm waiting for more shows to come to the boob tube. 

My favorite is this one show: 


It's called Chuck and I keep realizing how much I love it, watching every season of it. Guess why I love it? I love Chuck's all-natural innocence and the way he tries to charm his way out of terrorist situations with his geeky, funny and amazingly cute side-comments. You have to love yourself some Chuck. 

I figured it has something to do with the fact that Chuck is hard to find, or you may have found yourself a Chuck and let him go. Or in my subconscious, I'm prolly Chuck and I'm still waiting for my long-legged blonde bombshell to rescue me (go figure...). In any case, go catch yourself some Chuck, you'd thank me later. 

No comments: